The timothyj Process – Artistic/Functional/Responsive
Unlike many other design teams timothyj’s team (lead by Tim Benkowski, CMKBD) brings the discipline, eye and formal training of an artist with a degree in fine arts painting to the design process.
Functional timothyj sees the kitchen as the long lost hearth of the home, the center of family activity, interaction and communication. Family and friends congregate in the kitchen to share in meal preparation and pass traditions or relax with a neighbor over a cup of coffee.
The kitchen, for example is a space utilized for a wide variety of activities. timothyj sees the designer’s challenge as identifying the activities specific to a given family and creating not only a space of artistic beauty but one that maximizes the functional aspects the room.
Of all the qualities a top designer can bring to a project – an open mind and the skills of a good listener allows timothyj to be uniquely responsive to the homeowner’s needs, wants and desires.
timothyj cultivates an atmosphere where we can maximize our talents to help the homeowner turn his/her needs, wants and desires into the realization of a shared vision.
How to Start The Process
Below are common questions we’ll be asking when you call 414-224-8552.
- Are you building new or remodeling? We can help you.
- Are you aware that timothyj is the only firm in southeast Wisconsin that has a Certified Master Kitchen and Bath Designer on staff?
- Are you a novice or experienced in remodeling/construction? In either case our years of experience will be useful.
- Do you have design ideas or do you need our guidance to conceptualize the space?
- Will you be needing Loan Services? We can help you.
- Does your project scope require architectural services? If you’re not sure we can help you.
- Do you need a contractor? If you’re not sure we can help you.
- Do you have specific budget goals? If not we can help you determine an appropriate budget based on many different criteria such as: How long will you be staying in your home? What is the value of your home in comparison to similar homes in your area? How old is your home and how much updating has been done?